Above: The Road to Kharkhorin
Taken while traveling in Mongolia. October 2010.

Friday, November 26, 2010

С Днём благодарения...

So I can no longer say I'm thankful for having a roof over my head...


But it’s fine, I mean it’s not like I live in a climate where roofs are essential or anything. OH WAIT I’M IN SIBERIA. Snow is beginning to fall pretty heavily, and the temperature outside right now is –19 C (- 4 F), and it’s only gonna get colder from here…

I bought my ticket out of Irkutsk today. On January 9th I leave Irkutsk for Krasnoyarsk, meaning I have a little less than a month and a half left here, which is hardly conceivable, seeing as I literally just got here… right?

Here are some pictures from today, a typical day which included going to Czech class, buying my ticket out of Irkutsk, going to Literature class, going to concert band rehearsal, eating blinis, going to host dad’s folk choir concert…

Walking home across the bridge after Czech (my building is the yellow
 one in the center-leftish part of the picture, right under the crane)





On my way to the train station to buy my ticket to Krasnoyarsk


ul. Profsoyuznaya, 3
some houses in my barrio




our driveway

No comments:

Post a Comment